Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Useful Google Image Trick

This was news to me, so I thought I would share it. Below is a quotation from an image librarian on my listserv:



"Whenever you want to know what an image is - right click or control click on the image - and click Save Image as... - save to your desktop. Then go to Google Images and simply pick up the image and drop it in the Image Search bar and VOILA! all the info you could possibly want on the image."

This worked for me, more or less  I had a scanned image of a Teco vase and Google offered me images of skinny green things, so basically I stumped Google. But when I inserted an image of a mosaic from Pompeii that I had found on-line, Google Image came up with both more pictures of the same thing and a written suggestion of what the mosaic was.  Pretty cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment